The Barbershop Incognito are a brilliant professional barbershop quartet of male singers perfect for any kind of function on any scale. These upbeat and lively chaps sing quirky modern arrangements as well as the well loved traditional barbershop favourites. One thing that’s for sure is that they’ll bring energy and fun to your event. If you have a unique request that you would like to hear live, the quartet specialise in writing and performing bespoke arrangements.
This is a is a group of energetic, spirited and talented singers, musicians and songwriters. James, the ensemble leader is a well-known and respected face in the music industry. A graduate of the MA Choral Education course at Roehampton University, James is Musical Director for the BBC Radio 3 Choir of the Year 2006, the Chandos Chamber Choir, the Aylesbury Festival Choir, the Fleet Singers and a number of work-place choirs, including staff choirs at Channel 4 TV and FreemantleMedia.
“Thanks for Saturday evening. We thought it was a great show and thoroughly enjoyed it.”
Barbershop Incognito perform in all variations of attire to fit in with any sort of theme or event possible. Barbershop Incognito have previously performed as chefs, nuns, waiters, yes… flowers, and many more! They even have their own traditional barbershop quartet outfits complete with boater hats!
“Thank you so much for being a very important part of what was a very special day for both Janine and myself. From both an entertainment and professional point of view you were all exceptional and I know will be a major part of the memory that everybody will have taken from the day. Once again many thanks and I sincerely hope that we will meet again in the future.”
- Book Of Love – The Monotones
- Duke Of Earl – Gene Chandler
- Goodnight Sweetheart – Carter & Hudson
- Hello Mary Lou – Gene Pitney
- In The Still Of The Night (5 singers required) – Boyz II Men
- Under The Boardwalk (5 singers required) – the Drifters
- My Guy – Smokey Robinson (Ladies voices only)
- Mister Sandman – The Chordettes
- Silhouettes – The Nylons
- Aura Lee – George Poulton
- Barbershopping Reaches Everywhere – Bud Arberg
- I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside – John A. Glover-Kind
- My Evaline – Trad.
- My Sweet – Trad.
- My Mammy – Al Jolson
- Love letters in the sand – Pat Boone
- Sleepy Time Gal – Perry Como
- Softly as I leave you – Matt Monroe
- Me and my shadow – Al Jolson
- The Pope – Gustav Stoeckel
- A Roving – Yale Glee Club
- Tags – selection of short Barbershop tags
- Wochenend und Sonnenschein – Comedian Harmonists
- Coney Island Baby – The Mainstreeters
- And When The Leaves – Trad.
- Moon River – Henry Mancini
- Nat King Cole Medley – Nat King Cole
- Alphabet Song – Perry Como
- Shoo Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy – Dinah Shore
- My Wife’s On A Diet – Tobias & Bennett
- When I Grow Too Old To Dream – Hammerstein & Romberg
- That’s Amore – Harry Warren
- Dayton Ohio 1903 – Richard Rodney Bennett
- Poisoning Pigeons in the park – Tom Lehrer
- Crepe Suzette – Kenneth Williams
- Java Jive – The Ink Spots
- A Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square – Manning Sherwin
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- The way you look tonight – Jerome Kern
- The Hippopotamus Song – Flanders & Swann
- Blue Skies – Cole Porter
- The Girl from Ipanema – Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Misty – Erroll Garner
- Steal Away – Trad.
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot – Trad.
- Air on a G String – JS Bach
- O Mio Babbino Caro – Puccini
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Any Dream Will Do – Joseph
- DoReMi – Sound of Music
- I Dreamed A Dream – Les Miserables
- Maria – West Side Story
- Pure Imagination – Willy Wonka (not got copy yet)
- If I were a rich man – Fiddler on the Roof
- Tea for Two – No, no, Nanette
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
- Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Handbags & Gladrags – Stereophonics
- Hold Me Now – Thompson Twins
- Imagine – Lennon (5 singers required)
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- This Love – Maroon Five
- Twist & Shout – Beatles
- Paperback Writer – Beatles
- Yesterday – Beatles
- When Im Sixty Four – Beatles
- You Raise Me Up – Westlife
- Run – Snow Patrol
- Blue Is The Colour – Beautiful South
- Blowin’ in the wind – Bob Dylan
- God Only Knows – Beach Boys
- God save the queen – GB National Anthem
- Land of Hope and Glory – GB Hymn
- Britannia Glory Mashup – GB Medley
- Star Spangled Banner – USA National Anthem
TV and Film:
- Countdown Clock – Countdown
- That’s What Friends Are For – Jungle Book
- Take You Back – Rocky
- Two Kinds of Love – Rocky
- We Have All The Time In The World – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Horace The Horse – Burl Ives
- Deo Gracias Anglia – Anon.
- Grace – Mercer’s Guild, London
- Il est bel et bon – Passereau
- Pastyme with good companye – Anon.
- Row Row Row Your Boat – Trad.
- Down Over The Hill – Appalachian Mountain Song
- Drink To Me Only – Old English Air
- Landlord Fill The Flowing Bowl – Trad.
- Where The Elm Tree Grows – Trad.
- Quick we have but a second – Charles Stanford
- Happy Birthday – Anon.
- Wedding Bells – George Fornby
- Marry You – Bruno Mars